Food Review: The Lokal (revisit)


Visited The Lokal again, because I had a $20 voucher to use! Hehe. You can read about my first time to this cafe here.

Toasted Banana Bread ($12)

I've heard so much about this banana bread that I decided to get it, despite me not being a fan of bananas. While I wasn't 100% convinced of its hype, it's still a good slice of banana bread, with it being moist and quite rich in flavour. What I love most is the yogurt! It's all made in house and it's got a little tinge of sourness. The caramelised bananas were quite nice too. And as usual, something crunchy to add to the whole dish is the toasted macademia nuts. Great combination overall and I swept the plate clean (especially of the yogurt)!

The Lokal Lobster Roll ($22)

My friend tried this Lobster Roll which is made up of slipper lobster tails, gherkin (pickled cucumber), coleslaw, lemon mayonnaise and served with twister fries. The lobster meat was fresh, but a bit overpowered by the coleslaw and mayo. That said, I think they should adjust the ratio of lobster meat to other ingredients, because it feels like you're eating much more salad than the meat itself. But it's priced reasonably so maybe that's why...?

I still believe that this cafe sells quality food, and if I come again I may try their sandwiches, which I heard are not bad too!



The Lokal
136 Neil Road
Singapore 088865
Mon 0800 - 1800
Tues - Thurs 0800 - 2230
Sat 0900 - 2230
Sun 0900 - 1600
64239918
Website
Facebook

0 Comments