Food Review: Pacamara Boutique Coffee Roasters

Pacamara Boutique Coffee Roasters opened sometime in November last year, and it was rebranded from the former Oz Specialty Coffee. Also located in the same area of Thomson, Pacamara is now more easily spotted along the rows of eateries, cafes and shophouses along the famous F&B belt.




As you can see from the picture above, it is a corner unit just beside Fat Boys, so it should be pretty identifiable.



I was there with Naomi on Boxing Day (I remember hahaha) for brunch, and when I arrived at 10, the cafe was still very empty. People are probably still sleeping after all the late night celebrations the previous day haha.

Firstly I gotta say how much I love the interior design of this cafe! The white walls, minimalist designs, clean lines, full length glass windows, cement floors - it just makes the whole place look so bright, spacious and peaceful! I must say the cafe owners did a very good job with the layout and furnishing of the place. Something different from the usual vintage/industrial style of most 'hipster' cafes.





This cafe also sells coffee powder and other merchandise, such as tumblers, cups, coffee machines. Once again, it's very neatly arranged! Haha the OCD in me approves! xD






They have separate menus for brunch and dinner, with the former ending at 4pm and latter starting at 5pm. Pastas are served all day except during the intermission (4-5pm).

On first glance the menu seems pretty predictable, with the usual brunch fares like American Breakfast ($20), Red Velvet Pancakes ($16), Salted Caramel Banana French Toast ($16) and Truffle Benedict ($18). These are all their popular dishes by the way. 



Once again, I came knowing what to order, and it was a choice between the french toast and pancakes. Coincidentally, both Naomi and I were deciding between the same two dishes too! Yeah problem solved haha.


Red Velvet Pancakes ($16)

I've seen all over Instagram and there's no denying how pretty it looks! This stack of 3 comes with mascarpone cheese, berries, and granola bits.



There have been mixed reviews for this dish, but to me, I like it! Though I'm not a fan of red velvet, the taste was just nice for me and the fact that it's pancakes made me happy enough haha. The mascarpone cream cheese was good, not too sweet, and sufficient to slather on the pancakes. The berries were fresh and the granola bits added that nice crunch to the whole dish.



I wonder how they make their pancakes look so perfect and round and identical. Haha do they use a pre-mix? Anyway for the pancakes, they got a tad dry towards the end, so it helps if you leave some mascarpone cheese to go with it.

Shucks. Looking at the photos now makes me salivate.


Salted Caramel French Toast ($16)

N got this dish and it came two slices of brioche french toasts, caramelised bananas, drizzled with salted caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream.



The brioche french toast was rather large and thankfully, the portion of the toppings was proportionate to the base too. N said it was good overall, filling, but nothing that fantastic. Personally I don't think I"ll order this dish again because the salted caramel sauce makes everything too sweet for my liking heh.




Everything about this cafe, from the place to the food, is so photogenic, I couldn't stop snapping pictures hahaha. Food was good, staff were friendly and the ambience, despite being noisy as more people streamed in, was nice too! I think it's just about that spacious layout and white-washed walls that makes everything click. But the only downside is that prices are quite steep. It's the most expensive pancake I've ever paid for... Doubt I'll go for dinner cos it's outta my budget heh. Nonetheless, Pacamara is indeed a recommended place to come for brunch!



Pacamara Boutique Coffee Roasters
185 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574333
Tues - Sun 0900 - 2300
Facebook