Food Review: Real Food

Singaporeans are eating out more often than ever, which may not be a good thing because this means we're consuming more unhealthy food! :( For me another concern is that healthy food are usually more ex, so how? Haha fear not, I've found a place where I can eat healthy food without breaking a bank! ((:




Yep, it's Real Food! They've been around for quite some time already but I only recently tried it at the Square 2 branch.



I was there on a Saturday evening and I was surprised to see that it was very empty! But it's good cos it's not noisy and you can take your time to eat and talk. (:





They have shelves of books and magazines for your perusal and I think it'll be great to do that to chill your time away~~




Real Food is actually a vegetarian restaurant and they focus a lot on natural food/ingredients! Thumbs up for that, I really like it that they serve healthy food! :D If you look at their menu, they serve a variety of food, from Asian to Western to All-Day Breakfast.







Mushroom Noodles Dry ($7.80)

Irene ordered the Mushroom Noodles Dry ($7.80) which is one of their specialty. They use brown Udon noodles and it comes with green leafy vegetables, braised shitake mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. I love the noodles and the mushrooms! It wasn't too plain and neither too salty. I'll definitely order this the next time! (:


Mushroom and Celery Tomato Penne ($11.80)

Aishu got the Mushroom and Celery Tomato Penne ($11.80). While it tasted nice, I thought it wasn't spectacular.


Organic Coconut French Toast with Caramelised Pineapples ($8.80)

I was deciding between the Mushroom Noodles Dry and this Organic Coconut French Toast with Caramelised Pineapples ($8.80), but since Irene is getting the former I tried the latter in the end. It's a pan-fried egg and coconut toast topped with caramelised pineapples, maple syrup and sprinkled with organic cinnamon powder. It was a sweet dish, I have to admit. Haha yes you don't say! I like the pineapples and toast, more places should have this combination! Haha. But I don't like the eggy taste. I think when I eat French Toasts, I prefer the lighter kind and preferably no egg taste. Towards the end it got a bit too sweet for me but I still finished it.




I enjoyed this dinner though. The food was good and I feel good knowing that it's relatively healthier haha. The ambience scored as well, and I don't mind dining here alone (their Mushroom/Dumpling Noodles oh yes)! They have other outlets at Somerset (Killiney Road) and Central mall at Clarke Quay too. Prices are still higher than hawker centre foods but cheaper than cafe food, plus it's healthier too! So I guess I don't mind paying a bit more for quality and healthy food heh. (:



Real Food
Square 2
10 Sinaran Drive
#B1-105/106/129
Singapore 307506
Mon - Sat 1000 - 2130
Sun 1000 - 2030
63972289
Website
Facebook