Food Review: Farm To Table Cafe

This is a random cafe that I read about and it seemed cosy, so I decided to head down to check it out a few weeks back.



Farm To Table Cafe is actually located on the first floor of a Duxton Hotel.





The above is what you see when once you enter the cafe.



I arrived around 12.30 and was quite shocked to see that there were only 2 tables occupied! Yeap it was really empty so I had the pleasure of choosing a good spot. (:



Long tables suitable for big groups, plus it's at one section of the cafe too.




Love this side of the cafe, where there's the bicycle hung up and the pretty words on the wall. (: The whole feel of the place is very warm, homely and welcoming!




I love that they serve breakfast items all day every day! You can come here on a weekday night and still eat their say, Breakfast Plate!

Well, being a French Toast lover, the choice was very clear to me!


French Toast ($12)

Two slices of french toast with handpicked red berries, maple syrup and organic vanilla cream, and dusted with icing sugar. However I asked to replace the latter two with more fruits hehe.


The presentation was nice and I was excited to dig in!



Alas, I found the toast a bit too eggy and dense for my liking. :/ I could taste the egg batter quite distinctly and it wasn't that light. So after eating one slice I felt quite gelat already... I could also do without the icing sugar because the toast was sweet enough. Besides that the berries were fresh and sweet.

Although the food didn't fare too well for me (perhaps Breakfast Plate next time?), I love the ambience of the place! It did get crowded from 1pm onwards and surprisingly the whole place was filled when I left. But I'm pretty sure weekdays are quiet, plus they have free Wifi too, so it's a good place to chill and do some work. (:

An added bonus: you'll get 10% off if you upload a photo on Instagram and hashtag #farmtotablecafesg. Just show your photo to the staff upon payment at the end and you'll get the discount.



Farm To Table Cafe
83 Duxton Road
Singapore 089540
Mon - Sat 0730 - 2230
Sun 0730 - 1700
6227 7678
Facebook