Food Review: Loysel's Toy

Loysel's Toy is tucked away at a quiet spot just beside the Kallang River. In fact it is house at the ground floor of a building at Kallang Riverside Park (picture below).



What you'll see opposite Loysel's Toy

Entrance

Entrance



They provide bicycles for rent and I think it's a good idea because people can cycle at Kallang Riverside Park or at the Park Connectors to go to the Singapore Flyer or up north towards Bishan Park.




Cakes and pastries

Cakes and pastries


Indoor seating area

Indoor seating area

Some outdoor seats but that's facing the kitchen

Outdoor seats

I like the outdoor seating here because it's spacious, airy and just has that relaxing vibe. The ambience is good, really appropriate to spend some me time here to chill and read a book! Shi Hui and I went on a Saturday during lunch hour and it wasn't too crowded. But that could be because it rained earlier?



More seats behind the cafe. So actually, they do have quite a huge seating capacity. Better for big groups.


Food menu

Drinks menu

Mocha ($5)

I think this is the first time I'm taking picture of a coffee drink. Lol because I don't drink coffee or tea, so I don't take 'drinks photography'.



SH said the mocha is good, so she now believes it when they say Loysel's Toy has 'one of the best coffees in Singapore cafes'.


Eggs Benedict ($12)

SH got the Eggs Benedict ($12) and she chose bacon over ham and salmon. I'm not an eggs person so I rarely order Eggs Ben. I admit I can't judge the dish well heh, but when I tried it tasted nice to me. It was runny to the right degree and the Hollandaise sauce went well with the poached eggs.


Loysel's House Muesli ($7)

I loveee muesli/granola/cereal so I knew I had to get this Loysel's House Muesli ($7)! Plus look at the colourful fruits arranged beautifully on top! (:



It's a bit like a parfait since it's layered with Greek yogurt inside. Oh did I mention I like Greek yogurt? Ok now you know. Haha it was a delight combination: granola + Greek yogurt + nuts + fruits! You can never go wrong with that.





Overall Loysel's Toy hits on all the right notes for me. The food is good, price is reasonable, ambience is there, but I guess the only thing is that it isn't very accessible. Then again, its location away from the crowd means it's a good place to relax, as mentioned earlier. The next time I come, I'll probably try their Char-grilled Tuna Caesar or Blueberry Cheesecake!



Loysel's Toy
66 Kampong Bugis
#01-02
Singapore 338987
Tues - Fri 0900 - 1800
Sat - Sun 0900 - 1930
Closed on Mondays
Website
Facebook



And ending with my #ootd (:




Hahaha, candid shots are the best.