Food Review: Habitat Coffee


This is one cafe that I've always been eyeing on. Haha, because it's close to my house plus they serve some of my favourite food too!

A few months ago they changed their signboard and their logo. Ok that was just a radom fact. :P

Yup so I met up with Xin Yu on a Sunday for dinner! (This was before we went to Carpenter and Cook.)




It wasn't crowded on a Sunday evening when we reached around 7, and throughout our time there there were still seats so you don't have to worry about queueing or anything. (Something I do when I visit food places at peak periods...) The place is rather small, even though they have a second storey, which is crammed. We were seated on the first floor in front of the counter.


Menu


As usual, before arriving at the cafe I've already shortlisted a few dishes that I wanted to eat! Deciding between the Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, Take Shitake and Ham and Cheese sandwich, I eventually chose the second option!


Take Shitake ($12)




Yumyum look at those mushrooms! I love mushrooms so I went with this in the end. It's basically Mushroom Aglio Olio. The mushrooms were sauteed well, the pasta was tasty, but I felt the dish overall was a bit too oily. :/ I'm not usually an AglioOlio-kinda person because I don't like the garlic + oil, but because of the mushrooms, I still picked this haha. But overall I enjoyed this dish. (:


Eggs Tomato Relish ($15)


XY ordered this. It consists of a secret tomato goddess recipe served in a hot plate with two eggs, bacon, baby spinach and country sourdough toast. This is definitely something interesting from the usual branch items, and it looks like a Shakshuka to me heh.




There was another occasion (just last weekend) that my siblings and I went there for dinner! It's rather rare that the three of us have to settle our own dinner without our parents so we thought we should go for a good meal! (:



This time we were seated upstairs. And I really like this quote here. How apt it is especially given that I was spending quality time with my siblings! (:


Ham and Cheese sandwich ($8)


This time I ordered the Ham and Cheese sandwich! The round shape of the bun makes it look like a burger. And the bun looks like an oversized hot cross bun haha cos of the cross on top.




Besides ham and cheese, there were also tomatoes and wild rocket leaves. The ham was kinda salty. :/ But I like that even though the ingredients don't look thick as compared to other sandwiches, I like it that it's big enough and spreads across the whole of the bun so there's no point where you're just eating the bun. On first look, the bun looks thick and gonna be super gelat to eat. But no, the outer crust is hard and crispy and I love hearing that crackling sound when I cut using the knife! Hahaha. And the inside is quite soft and fluffy too, so it was a joy to eat it. (: I love everything about this sandwich, so I'll probably order it again, but ask for the ham to be less salty, if possible. Heh.



My sister and brother ordered Take Shitake. Lucky thing I tried it before or else the three of us would probably eat the same thing haha!

Yummy food, good service, affordable prices, ambience is alright (but don't go during the peak periods like brunch time on weekends), so I'll definitely return a third time!



Habitat Coffee
223 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 574355
Tues - Fri 1100 - 2230
Sat - Sun 1030 - 2230
Closed on Mondays
Website
Facebook

0 Comments