Food Review: Strangers' Reunion



Hello! I finally made my way down to Strangers' Reunion last week with Beatrice! Been wanting to try their waffles since foreverrr, especially after seeing more and more photos of the food on Instagram heh.

So we went on one of the last few weekdays of 2013 during lunch time, and because it's a weekday, I thought it won't be that crowded to the extent that we have to wait for a seat. But to my surprise, there were many people there and some were already waiting outside!





Fortunately for us two people it's easier to get a seat so we waited about 10 minutes? I suggest arriving no later than 12.30, otherwise you'll have to wait! Goes to show how popular they are, eh? Even on a weekday heh.








Their cakesss. They have Crumble Cheesecake and Apple Crumble! Two of my favourite kinds of cakes/desserts!










This was our table and it's very small. It's just a plank of wood attached to the wall with our backs facing the counter. I wouldn't complain so much since it's cosy for two of us but can tell it's meant for just one person. But I like the wood hehe. Very haphazard but unique feel.


Menu

Their menu features quite a wide range of food. However the prices were out of my budget so I simply scanned through the rest and zoomed in to the waffles part haha!



Buttermilk Waffles with Maple Syrup and Fresh Fruits ($11.90)





Buttermilk Waffles with Artisan Greek Yogurt and Fresh Fruits ($12.90)

I loveee the waffles! To me they live up to its name of being one of the best waffles in Singapore cafes! Yeah it's highly raved around and I was a little skeptical about whether it's overrated. But it's tasted crispy and soft at the same time without having too much of the butter taste. I like that because it doesn't make you feel gelat easily.

And the Greek yogurt was soooo nice! Firstly I like how they present the dish with the Greek yogurt poured from the centre outwards along the quarters. Taste wise it wasn't too sour nor sweet, just right for me! It adds balance to the natural dryness of the waffles so they go well together! (:

The fruits are normal, like any other fruits you can get so I won't comment about it.







Ah now I can't stop thinking about the Greek yogurt + waffles hahaha. My cravings was satisfied and I left with a happy tummy and happy mind! ^^

I would love to go back again to have their waffles. But the price is on the high side for just a waffles... I know it used to be around $3 cheaper but judging from Strangers' Reunion increasing popularity, I guess they can always raise their prices and still have people flocking to their cafe right? Hahaha oh wells.





Strangers' Reunion
33, 35, 37 Kampong Bahru Road
Singapore 169355
Mon, Wed, Thurs 0900 - 2200
Fri - Sat 0900 - 0000
Sun 0900 - 2200
Facebook




Thanks Beatrice for accompanying me that day! It was great catching up with you yay. (:

0 Comments