Food Review: Central Hong Kong Cafe

My friends and I dined here on New Year's Eve at the basement level of Vivo City. Despite reaching there at 7 plus close to 8, there was no queue at all! And I'm surprised because Vivo is perpetually crowded and not to mention it was NYE!



Ok this photo was taken after we finished our meal HAHA around 9?




I like the decor because it had a very typical HK cha chan teng feel and ambience! Check out those posters, the Bruce Lee poster, and the bird cages hanging from the walls!



And our food has arrived! I remember we were hungry then haha. Florence and I ordered the Chicken Chop Baked Rice while Yu Pei ordered a Fried Rice. Drinks were Iced Milk Tea with Gula Melaka.



Chicken Chop Baked Rice (around $8)




The HK style baked rice is different from the western kind (ok yeah duh). The rice here tastes a bit like pineapple rice, and the cheese is a bit less creamy. More... baked? Like there are more charred parts on top. They like to add tomatoes and onions too.

The chicken chop was tender enough and not too tough. The sauce and cheese is of the right amount. But the portion of rice is quite big so towards the end I was full already and ended up forcing myself to finish it haha.

Yu Pei's fried rice was nice too but I would say there's nothing special about it.

Overall I think this is a cheap and good place for family dinners or gatherings with friends because it's quite fuss-free and the food is yummy too. And it's one of the less crowded restaurants in Vivo so this is a place to head to should you see queues forming at other restaurants.



Central Hong Kong Cafe
Vivo City
1 Harbourfront Walk #B2-13
Daily 1000 - 2200

0 Comments