大年初一

大家好,我又回来了!今天是大年初一,祝愿大家新年快乐,万事如意!

Whoop whoop hello everyone I'm back! Hahaha decided to begin in Chinese since I felt it was a natural thing to do. xD HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR guys! As I've said yesterday, I'm super duper excited for CNY and I've always been! 

Why do I love CNY?
It's just the idea of gathering with your family and friends, eating, chatting, playing cards etc that makes me feel all warm inside. I'm a person that values relationships a lot, as you can tell, so I feel it's really important to catch up with my extended family members and family friends that I sometimes only see once a year. This is especially so for my cousins on my father's side, because we have quite a varied age range and we don't meet often, so we're not that close. However as cousins I still believe it's good to talk to one another and so called update ourselves on what's been going on etc. In the past two years or so we've started meeting more due to weddings and children's birthday parties or first month gatherings. It's heartening to know that there's this common feeling that we should try to get to know each other more!
For cousins on my mother's side, we're mostly about the same age range, students and all, and we grew up together because we meet once a week at my grandma's house since I was young. So in a sense it's easier to talk to one another, even though we've drifted apart in recent years.

Another thing I like about CNY is that it's a new year so all things are new! :D Haha from clothes to household items, I just love the feeling of owning new stuff! Sounds materialistic oops but I guess it's understandable right? New year, new start - I've always believed in this. (:

The food! Hahaha there's always good food to eat during CNY and I'm so thankful for that! Considering how many people in the world don't have food on a daily basis, I really thank the heavens for my being able to eat such sumptuous food. (: It's also a period for you to excuse yourself and eat those goodies hahaha.

So I spent the day mainly at my grandma's house eating + talking + watching TV + playing Blackjack haha. Always a 'tradition' to play ban luck because my uncle's just so good at it. Being the banker and then sucking all our money *cries*

And to end off this post here's my #ootd! ^^



0 Comments