My bakes :D

I don't know when I've started to like baking, but I can't deny that Yi Xin influenced me on this. Haha. But really, I enjoy baking now and I'm doing it about once a week. Well as someone who loves desserts, it's definitely very fun and satisfying to bake your own desserts and cakes and tarts right? :D

Being no professional, I have to start off somewhere. Initially my bakes tasted bad and/or looked ugly, and I felt sad and dejected. But it's a skill I wanna learn and I know I'm still an amateur so how can I expect my bakes to look and taste like those in cafes or shops? Yeah so just gotta keep trying and trying until you see improvement.

So far I've baked muffins, tarts, crumbles, bars, cheesecakes, sponge cake and made pancakes and waffles. These are most of the desserts I like so I started off with them. Haha, initially some didn't taste up to my expectations but I just kept trying... I'm still nowhere near where I want to be now but at least I can say that I've made improvement... (:


Individual Oreo Cheesecakes

Supposed to be Oreo Cream Cheese Muffins but tasted like scones instead HAHA.

 2nd attempt at Oreo Cream Cheese Muffins

Blueberry Tart

Oreo Yogurt Tart

Orange Cake

Apple Crumble

Apple Crumble Bars

Strawberry Yogurt Muffins

Waffle Sandwich with Mushrooms, Lettuce and Scrambled Eggs

Strawberry Tartlets

Chocolate Tart

Strawberry Sponge Cake

Strawberry Sponge Cake II

Haha I'm kinda embarrassed right now to show photos of my old bakes because they look unpresentable especially comparing to the more recent ones oops! >< But oh wells never mind shouldn't be ashamed of them ahha.

I uploaded them according to chronological order. I don't think I've missed any out... But you can kinda see a pattern right? Lol, like during certain periods of time you'll see the same ingredient appearing for a few bakes haha.

And I think I've mastered the art of making sponge cakes!! *throws confetti* Haha I'm very happy because it's the first kind of cake that I'm successful in (ok, besides cheesecakes)! I know why my first attempt was bad. Because I always don't know how long to whip the egg whites for so I'll stop the electric mixer when it's still frothy! Haha what a joke man. But recently I decided to let the electric mixer run for a longer period of time (around 5 minutes) and when I came back to check the egg whites, it's the same colour and texture as the ones I see in pictures! Haha yayyy so from then on my cakes turn out much better. :D

Special mention goes out to the one I baked this morning HAHA. Which is the latest photo you see here. The sponge cake can be a bit lighter still but hurray the taste and texture was good! I smashed and melted some strawberries and boiled it so it became like a jam. I wanted to cut the cake into two halves (upper and lower) and spread the jam in between but I realise I'm gonna destroy my cake if I do that LOL so of course I didn't take the risk.

Baking is seriously very fun (spot the oxymoron HAHA) and therapeutic! I just love turning on my mixer and whisking the egg whites and sifting the flour and stirring the batter and then sending it into the oven! Haha, of course, hoping that the batter will rise or transform itself into the intended end product. 

Now I'm thinking what I should bake next week. Haha, I've used up all the strawberries already. What's next? Kiwi? Mango? I'm not a chocolate person so I don't like to use chocolate. Ok Oreo is kinda an exception haha. And the chocolate tart was because I was making it for my cousin who loves chocolate lol. I prefer using fruits because I love fruits! So usually I'll walk around in the supermarket looking for what's in season heh.

0 Comments